• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Seeking a Partner

Hello all,
I'm relatively new to this online-community.

I'm seeking a partner with experience in quantitative-finance and investment strategies (experience with pitches will be nice) for my venture that I've been developing solely and with help from contractors on upwork.com.

The central objective of the venture is establishing a market which trades a fairly unique security/guarantee of which our role is a market maker.
There will be 4 key parties directly involved in the propagation of the market: market maker (us), traders, corporate customers (e.g. retailers) and customers (individual entities).
Some statistical/equilibrium analysis has already been performed (with an upwork quant analyst) on the fundamental behavior of the proposed market and its feasibility for us (the market maker); changes were made to the financial model. Continued analysis and interpretation will be vital, especially during the launch phase.

The trading platform is entirely electronic and most (if not all) trades will be executed electronically.
The trading platform is in the processes of being coded, however, I've already written the core algorithm. It is a programmable decision maker and is being developed on Django with the numpy extension for processing tabulated/arrayed data chunks. Thus, it would be advantageous if you are familiar with python (numpy) or matlab.

The crude governing profit equation, modified from a simple interest formula is:
Profit = P*r - cx
where:
P is the principal balance at the beginning of period and is accrued from traders
r is the interest growth rate during that period
cx is an expense that is INTEGRAL to the venture and is dependent on variable which we can manipulate directly, but which must be made known to traders
(we're looking at 3-month periods)​
Clearly we aim to maximize r and P and minimize cx.
I've already made headway with a prospective corporate client on a subsidiary concept whose function minimizes cx.

Some of the foreseeable responsibilities include:
  • Continued equilibrium analysis and forecasting of system profitability and stability
  • Creating comprehensive derivatives from system platform
  • Proposing and/or evaluating proposed strategies that minimize cx
  • Identifying appropriate investment fund strategies to maximize roi (maximize r in equation above)
  • Attending investor interviews when required
A beta launch is planned for beginning of August, however, this may be postponed to the beginning of September depending on platform development, etc.

I currently reside in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, however, I have close friends in San Francisco and family members in Carteret, New Jersey. The beta will be launching in Canada as the technological infrastructure is more favorable and widespread.

If anyone is interested, please private message me, however, I must insist on signed non-disclosure agreement before divulging key information and due-diligence verifying credentials, etc, before proceeding with a partnership agreement.

I'm willing to part with 15% ownership for 1 partner or 30% ownership for 2 partners max.

Thanks

P.S. I am looking for a partner with quantitative expertise because it's a field in which I lack the requisite competence. Additionally, as I've gleaned from my initial funding campaign, venture capitalist and angel-investors are very hesitant to invest in startups with individual founders.

Back