• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Several books about trading systems/strategies

I'm looking for my first book on trading systems/quantitative trading strategies, here are some candidates:

New Trading Systems and Methods (Wiley Trading) by Perry J. Kaufman (2005)
The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies by Jeffrey Owen Katz and Donna L. McCormick (2000)
Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians by Charles D. Kirkpatrick and Julie R. Dahlquist (2006)

Actually I find the first two books about trading systems are essentially on technical analysis, so I also include the third book, a recent highly rated technical analysis book as a candidate.

Any recommendation or suggestion?

BTW,
This is also a little confusing that people have told me not to spend too much time on technical analysis. But actually most books I found on trading systems/quantitative trading stretegies are about technical analysis.

Yes I have a suggestion !
If you can try to talk to actual traders around a beer ! I learned a lot of things just hanging out with them.
Nahed

Yes I have a suggestion !

If you can try to talk to actual traders around a beer ! I learned a lot of things just hanging out with them.
Nahed​

This's really a good suggestion. On the other hand, talking to an actual trader has no contradiction with first knowing some basics of algorithm trading from books. At least I need to know what to talk about :)

Thanks!

BTW,
you remind me that the most important thing for entering the wall street is not reading but networking.

networking is very important..sure you should read books !! good luck

Back