• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Short Stub Swap

Hi All,

Using the custom Swap(fixedleg, floatingleg) method I am currently building swaps specifying the settlement date and the payment tenor.
It works fine in the current scenario where:
1) I enter into the swap today, with the swap settlement dates every quarter. So I enter into the swap today (23 Aug) with payments made every quarter (23 Nov, 23Feb, 23May, 23 Aug) and so on. This scenario works perfectly well with what I have built currently.

Short Stub Swap
The issue:
When I enter into the swap today, with the first settlement date four months from now and every subsequent settlement date calculated semi-annually after the first settlement date.
The scenario:
2) Enter into the swap today (23 Aug), the first swap settlement date is for months from today (23 Dec).
BUT the next and every subsequent settlement date would be semi-annual. So, the second settlement date would be 23 June (6 months from 23 Dec) and the third settlement date would be 23 Dec of the next year and so on.

I want to know if it is possible to build custom swap payment structures like what I have described in scenario 2 with QuantLib (Shot Stub Swap)

Thank You,
Best,
Goutham

Hi Goutham,

The Schedule() constructor described by Luigi here, should definitely work for building swaps with short/long stubs at front/rear.

Regards,
Quasar

Back