• Please join us via Zoom to learn how the Options course is helpful to graduate studies and interviewing for quant finance internships and full-time roles.
    May 16th, 2022 - Information Session - Intuition-Based Options Primer for Financial Engineering Certificate

Should I get take this course based on my circumstances?

I'm a high school senior that is very excited to learn more about C++ through this course. I have a strong programming background, for my age, and the course content seems manageable; the course difficulty shouldn't be a problem --- I think.

What I want to know is am I able to transfer credit to my future university upon completion of this course? Also, I am planning on majoring in Computer Science for my undergrad, with that information, is this course useful for me? (I believe this course is more geared towards students who doesn't have a strong programming background?) Are there better alternatives that I can spend my time on?

Thank you!

I'm a high school senior that is very excited to learn more about C++ through this course. I have a strong programming background, for my age, and the course content seems manageable; the course difficulty shouldn't be a problem --- I think.

What I want to know is am I able to transfer credit to my future university upon completion of this course? Also, I am planning on majoring in Computer Science for my undergrad, with that information, is this course useful for me? (I believe this course is more geared towards students who doesn't have a strong programming background?) Are there better alternatives that I can spend my time on?

Thank you!
You can take it, but it probably would not help you in the long run. Obviously I do not know your skills, but considering you are in high school, I am sure you would learn a lot. With that in mind, if you are majoring in CS, you will eventually learn all of topics covered in the course. Isn't the course like $2000? Save your money, and no, I seriously doubt it is transferable.