• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Some further questions about the course

Hi,

I'm thinking of enrolling in this course and I have some questions which do not seem to be covered by the FAQ.

1) If the student fails the exam/fails to achieve distinction, how many times is he allowed to retry as long as it is within the 16 week timeframe?
2) If retry is allowed, does the student need to pay extra fee for each retry of the exam?
3) Do the homework/quizes contribute to the final grading of the certificate?

Much Appreciated.

1) If the student fails the exam/fails to achieve distinction, how many times is he allowed to retry as long as it is within the 16 week timeframe?
There is no option to repeat the exam. The exam is 25% of the overall grade, so it is very rare for a student to submit good work throughout the course, but fail the course due to the exam.
3) Do the homework/quizes contribute to the final grading of the certificate?
Homeworks yes, quizzes no. The quizzes are meant as a learning tool, and can be taken any number of times.

See https://quantnet.com/threads/c-course-grading-policy.7768/

Let us know if you still have any question, @lewweihao
I would say we have thousands of students over the years and almost everyone gave the course a 5/5 stars with the TA and the forum the most contributing factors to their happiness with the course.
Not everyone would write a review but the hundreds of those that did should give you a pretty good idea

Many alumni were so impressed that they tell their friends about it and now, many programs direct their prospective students to take QuantNet C++ course to satisfy the programming requirement.
Don't hesitate. Take it, endure the pain so you reap the benefits later. And then you can do the advanced C++ course, Python course, the Options course :)

Let us know if you still have any question, @lewweihao
I would say we have thousands of students over the years and almost everyone gave the course a 5/5 stars with the TA and the forum the most contributing factors to their happiness with the course.
Not everyone would write a review but the hundreds of those that did should give you a pretty good idea

Many alumni were so impressed that they tell their friends about it and now, many programs direct their prospective students to take QuantNet C++ course to satisfy the programming requirement.
Don't hesitate. Take it, endure the pain so you reap the benefits later. And then you can do the advanced C++ course, Python course, the Options course :)
Sure! Actually I'm a Java Developer for 2 years now and am looking to transit to a C++ role as a Quant Dev. I have taken some basic C++ course in my Computer Engineering course in University before. Given that I already have a strong programming background, I was wondering if this certificate still adds value for me?

Back