• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Spring 2022 entry - Round 4

Hi Everyone,

I did not find any thread for round 4 spring 2022 entry at UCBH, hence thought of starting one for candidates' information on latest developments. I , myself, have applied for round 4. Not sure if UCB has started evaluating the round 4 applications yet.

Although the tracker here shows ~11 students have been accepted until round 3 for spring 2022 entry, anyone having any idea on the exact/actual number of students accepted until last round?

Thanks

Hey guys, I got placed on the waitlist within a matter of few weeks. And they are asking to compete the entire set of course list which is huge.

Any one completing that voluminous list of tasks?

Last edited:
Hello, I am in the exact same case, already started to complete the online course, which ones do you have to complete?

Hey guys, I got placed on the waitlist within a matter of few weeks. And they are asking to compete the entire set of course list which is huge.

Any one completing that voluminous list of tasks?
Did you end up interviewing? How long between getting waitlisted and interview if yes?

Hello, I am in the exact same case, already started to complete the online course, which ones do you have to complete?
The list is huge Rambam. Have started a few ones but not sure if I will be able to complete the list. The courses recommended are very very expensive to join

The list is huge Rambam. Have started a few ones but not sure if I will be able to complete the list. The courses recommended are very very expensive to join
It's the recommended list,not the required one. You can always email the admissions team and suggest alternatives that are more suitable for you. They'll approve the courses if it meets the requirements they're looking for.
Have you been placed on the waitlist with a guaranteed admit for next year?

It's the recommended list,not the required one. You can always email the admissions team and suggest alternatives that are more suitable for you. They'll approve the courses if it meets the requirements they're looking for.
Have you been placed on the waitlist with a guaranteed admit for next year?
Thanks for the advice @WorkofArt , will surely ask the adcom for inexpensive alternatives. I have not received any guarantee for next year though.

May I ask what is your deadline to complete all the courses and also if you received another invitation for an interview?

It is quite confusing for me because some people received a wait least status with a guarantee for the 2023 class, does that mean that these people have a priority over people like us?

No deadline. Have you received any timeline to complete it?
May I ask what is your deadline to complete all the courses and also if you received another invitation for an interview?

It is quite confusing for me because some people received a wait least status with a guarantee for the 2023 class, does that mean that these people have a priority over people like us?

I am in the same boat as you @RahulRaj and @Rambam. Are you registering for the pre-program? While the pre-program definitely helps me better prepared, the $6000 and significant amount of time seem like a huge investment in the midst of other items on the checklist.
@RahulRaj any luck with the inexpensive alternatives?

Hello @haemoglobin, I think that even if I don't get an answer by then, I will still register for Python/C++ pre-program, for math and stat I will see,
regarding the alternative, I don't think that it applies to pre-program but more to prep list.

Hi,
I'd like to learn about the required courses for the MFE program. I come from a finance background, so I have not taken a lot of courses on the requirement list. I am most confused with the python and machine learning courses(I have not taken any of these classes at school). Does the list mean I need three classes for each?
1641242477285.png

Hi,
I'd like to learn about the required courses for the MFE program. I come from a finance background, so I have not taken a lot of courses on the requirement list. I am most confused with the python and machine learning courses(I have not taken any of these classes at school). Does the list mean I need three classes for each?
View attachment 42570
on the website under prereq, it breaks down the number of the classes you should take and where to take them.

click on where to take

Back