• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

SQL book

Could anyone advice me the best book to learn SQL COMPLITELY?
I have searched many of them and when consulted with programmers, Ive been told that they lack some information deemed important. Ill take your advice into account

Im a C# user(at the moment)
Thanks a lot

While I don't have any particular book in mind; and assuming you are referring to actual SQL, aka ANSI SQL, and not to its extensions (PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL, T-SQL, etc), you could grab some O'Reilly's books like:

Amazon.com: Learning SQL (9780596520830): Alan Beaulieu: Books
Amazon.com: SQL Cookbook (Cookbooks (OReilly)) (9780596009762): Anthony Molinaro: Books
Amazon.com: SQL in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell (OReilly)) (9780596518844): Kevin Kline, Brand Hunt, Daniel Kline: Books

This will give you a good overview.

If you need deeper understanding, I would suggest getting some database fundamentals book, like:

Amazon.com: Database Management Systems (9780072465631): Raghu Ramakrishnan, Johannes Gehrke: Books

Furthermore, there are SQL specifics depending on which DBMS you use, e.g. Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server, etc. So, since you sold your soul to Microsoft, try getting a book that details Microsoft specifics, like:

Amazon.com: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) (9780735626041): Mike Hotek: Books

and if you are interested in learning Microsoft extension, aka T-SQL, then:

Amazon.com: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 T-SQL Fundamentals (PRO-Developer) (9780735626010): Itzik Ben-gan: Books

Back