• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Starting over as a quant at 30.

I aspire to be a quant and I’m looking for a masters degree in finance anywhere in the world. My bachelors was in electronics(above avg student) where I did study some probability, statistics, linear algebra, differential calculus etc. only problem is it was 10 years ago so I’m afraid if it’s too late to completely make a switch into quants. My dream position would be the Front/Middle Office in any of the big Investment Banks. I’ll open to any advice, motivating or harsh !

I think it really depends on what you did during the 10 years between graduating and now.
I went into sound engineering since I’m into music as well, but I believe the time is up for it. I’ve been doing a lot of successful option trading on the side for the past 3 years, hence the interest

I went into sound engineering since I’m into music as well, but I believe the time is up for it. I’ve been doing a lot of successful option trading on the side for the past 3 years, hence the interest
Just for info, I am not in the industry yet, so my take on this matter is to be taken with a grain of salt. My background is more of financial forecasting/econometrics. Methods you would find in sound engineering are found in time series forecasting a lot.... Signal processing is a whole applicable branch, so perhaps steer towards there?

This guy on twitter shares a lot of useful material. For signal processing:

Just for info, I am not in the industry yet, so my take on this matter is to be taken with a grain of salt. My background is more of financial forecasting/econometrics. Methods you would find in sound engineering are found in time series forecasting a lot.... Signal processing is a whole applicable branch, so perhaps steer towards there?

This guy on twitter shares a lot of useful material. For signal processing:
Yes I did give it a thought initially, but I get where you’re coming from

Back