• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Still no result from NYU? What should I do?

I did not get any result from NYU msmf!

No admission, No rejection, No waitlist!!

I sent at least 5 emails to ask for result in the last 2 months. Every time I got the exactly same email (as following).

I am really confused. What does this mean? What should I do?

Thank you very much!

=====================

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email. Your New York University Department of Mathematics MS in Mathematics in Finance application is complete. We receive so many applications that it takes some time to make final decisions. Since you have been accepted by another program and need to hear from us, the admissions committee will try to review and evaluate your application before your other deadlines. We understand you may be faced with many choices and are eager to receive your decision from NYU. However, we cannot guarantee a date by which your application will be reviewed and a decision made. You will be notified when a decision has been made.

Best Wishes,
Math Administrator

same here too!!
I guess we have been secretly put on the waitlist and the school is waiting to see the reactions of the people they admitted to decide whether there is available slot to give out..

Yeah that I agree with you.....Even I submitted early in Jan.........!!!

but i really dont believe that they havn't yet finished reviewing the applications!! I submitted my application in early Jan and it's MAY now!!

Or maybe sadly we are at the end of the wait list whom they don't even care to notify ;(

Does anybody have NYU msmf's phone number? I'd rather be rejected than left in this kind of nowhere status

i'm in the same boat guys, no one ever told me anything about my application :) i know a lot of people have been accepted so far, but i don't know whether official rejections were sent out yet

Back