• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE still waiting for a decision

xhk

A group of people got accepted to the program about a month ago, another group got accepted in the early February. However, nothing has changed on my portal. This is one of the programs that I really want to go. Do you have any ideas if they will still offer some admissions in the following weeks or I am already rejected at this point?

BTW, I had received the email that asked me to update my transcript and the other one that said "You will hear from us soon regarding our decisions" in January.

Hi, same here. I believe more offers will come as the program states somewhere in a doc that decisions will be sent out by the end of March, so there's still a chance. I didn't expect to receive my decision that early because my TOEFL waiver was rejected so my checklist was completed 20 days after the deadline. BTW I got the same email as well but don't think it indicates anything.
Also, out of curiosity, did u apply to the Knight Scholarship offered by Cornell Engineering? I wrote an extra essay to apply and I am suspecting that the scholarship review could delay their decisions. But I'm not sure

Hi, same here. I believe more offers will come as the program states somewhere in a doc that decisions will be sent out by the end of March, so there's still a chance. I didn't expect to receive my decision that early because my TOEFL waiver was rejected so my checklist was completed 20 days after the deadline. BTW I got the same email as well but don't think it indicates anything.
Also, out of curiosity, did u apply to the Knight Scholarship offered by Cornell Engineering? I wrote an extra essay to apply and I am suspecting that the scholarship review could delay their decisions. But I'm not sure
Thanks for your reply! I don't think I wrote the extra essay.

Hi, I did submit the Knight Scholarship essay offered by Cornell Engg. But I'm curious, did you have an interview with Cornell after submitting your application (not the 6 video essays that were part of the appln process)?

Hi, I did submit the Knight Scholarship essay offered by Cornell Engg. But I'm curious, did you have an interview with Cornell after submitting your application (not the 6 video essays that were part of the appln process)?
Hi, I never received another interview from Cornell. Is there supposed to be one?

Hi, I never received another interview from Cornell. Is there supposed to be one?
I think so, not absolutely sure though. One of my colleagues at work who also applied to Cornell's MFE said he did have another interview. I also know someone from Cornell's Fall 2021 intake who gave an interview before he was admitted to Cornell's MFE.

I think so, not absolutely sure though. One of my colleagues at work who also applied to Cornell's MFE said he did have another interview. I also know someone from Cornell's Fall 2021 intake who gave an interview before he was admitted to Cornell's MFE.
I see. Thanks for the info! Never knew this before. Guess we'll have to wait and see then

I got my admit in the morning today. Feel free to dm me if you would like to connect. Also, did anyone got a scholarship? I got none

Hey!

I never had any anything else except during the application time and got admit today, don’t worry!
Hi agie, congrats! Got one too;) Now I wonder if there will be an interview to determine the Knight Scholarship but I guess I'll wait and see

I got my admit in the morning today. Feel free to dm me if you would like to connect. Also, did anyone got a scholarship? I got none
I feel like scholarships would probably come later? I haven't seen anyone with scholarship yet

My acceptance letter included a scholarship. I think only the knight scholarship is separate.

Last edited:
Back