• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stony Brook | MS Quantitative Finance | Advice

Hi All,

I have been admitted to the MS QF program at Stony Brook. I would really love it if someone could advise me on how is the program. What and how are the career opportunities?

I have always heard great things about SBs maths department. But I have not seen anyone talking about this program on Quantnet or risknet.

Thanks,
Rahul

I have a data science background. Have a master's from the Australian campus of Carnegie Mellon. Have a strong finance base through coursework at CMU and CFA level 1 (yet to take in December)
I also got the offer. Can we connect on whatsapp?

May I know what factors you considered in not accepting the offer?

P.S. I also got offer from this program
Since this would be my second master's, so for me: great placement >>>> great program/curriculum

I heard great reviews about the course curriculum but was not satisfied with the placement statistics

I have an offer from Stony Brook and NCSU for Quant Finance and Fin Math respectively. Can you guys suggest which University should I join ?

Back