• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Strengthen my application profile

I am a senior at BYU in Computer Science with a data science emphasis and minor in math. I am from El Salvador. I am applying to MFE programs in the Fall for the class 2022.
GPA 3.87/4.00
GRE 168Q/161V (Taken 1 time)
Most of my work experience is machine learning research with some small publications. I am also going to be a quant in a MBA class offered in the BYU Business School managing $3.5M.
My goal programs are :
CMU MFE, NYU MFE, Cornell MFE, Berkeley Haas MFE
More realistic ones:
Urbana-Champaign, Georgia Tech
Would you guys say that my expectations are realistic? Any advice on how can I make myself a more attractive candidate for the universities? Would there be a benefit in taking the GRE again? I am pretty sure I can raise my score, but I do not know if that is the best use of my time.
I appreciate any advice, and if this is not the right place to post this, let me know!

Back