• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

success with google

In the past two days (seemingly within 24 hours), I saw the Googlebot visiting our site at least twice. If my previous knowledge with this searching engine is still accurate, this can indicate our site's great popularity and success with Google.

Not everyone can get on the index list of Google and not everyone is popular/important enough for Google to visit often, but this search engine has shown so much interest in our website!! This tells me that there are who-knows-how-many people that are getting to know our site and therefore our program and great community.

At least two things for sure: Andy is a great web master and all of our posts keep the contents valuable and fresh. This is the result of efforts from all of us. Cheers and keep up! :smt038

(On the other hand, we need to be even more careful with copyright here, since we are getting big and getting more attention. We want to keep a good reputation!!)

Cheers Bridgett,
Some clarifications:

Googlebot has been looking at our site for quite some time...I just convert IP to the name so now you see Googlebot, Yahoo/Inktomi, MSN when they visit us.

Of those bots, Google is King...Look at the number of time Googlebot visits us last month compared to Yahoo, MSN
Googlebot 29327
MSNBot 829
Yahoo/Inktomi Slurp 249

No wonder Google is #1 search engine.

And you are right, everything you post online can be used against you. And no, Google can't index our private and course forums.

Could you explain further about Googlebot. I mean, you would need people being interested and searching for key words related to Financial Mathematics or Financial Engineering, for the bot to pick up Quantnet. Right? Or was it the relative frequency of it picking up the word "Baruch" and "Quantnet".

Please englighten.

Back