• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Teaching Finance Online

Hi. I am currently completing a PhD in Finance and I am considering various teaching options since the academic job market is so tight. I have been advised that I should look at some non-traditional options, particularly online options. I'm interested in finding out more about typical online programs at strictly online institutions (Capella, Phoenix etc.), traditional institutions that have ventured into online, and industry groups/associations etc that teach online and in person (Kaplan, Premia, NYIF etc). I've tried calling HR departments and have gotten nowhere. I'm trying to find out what they typically pay, what they look for in instructors, if the instructors develop the material, and what the general process is for becoming an instructor. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Back