• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

The new Retina MacBook Pro

just ordered (within the past five minutes) the 13" i7/8gb/256gb air :)

I really wish I could afford it, I want one so badly, but unfortunately I just bought myself a 27" iMac last October so can't really justify a new mac just yet :( Also since macs are so good I probably won't be needing a new one for at least 6 years. Oh well. I seriously envy anyone who buys one of these retina display beauties :mad:

For 300 more, you could have gotten the base retina MBP with education discount ($200 off and 100 iTune gift card).
Huge thing I dislike is that you can't upgrade your ram or HD with the new MBP.

hah, i no longer qualify for the education discount ;) i get a work one instead.

and i listed the specs, prices, and pros/cons for each model. was trying to decide between the base retina and the air. it came down to portability (and that i want an imac eventually, so power isn't everything...been waiting for a refresh for half a year as the windows box i built is four years old and showing its age). my mbp is currently almost five years old and is just too heavy to lug around at 5.4 lbs or so. 1lb won't make a big difference, but 2.5 lbs will!

I'm bitter about this... I've been refreshing Apple's site constantly just wanting to hear about the iPhone 5. Does anyone know a good book for becoming more patient? Haha

that's a macbook pro still ;)

and i am happy with my decision. now just have to wait for the imac refresh...

Back