GENERAL Tips for "C++ Programming for Financial Engineering" course

Jack Song

C++ Student
I'm a new member here. Can I use VS for Mac in order to finish this course? Are there any other alternative choice to install a good compiler on my Mac? Thanks!

Jack Song

C++ Student
Most people use a virtual machine. This is a popular choice for Mac users as far as I am concerned:
Downloads – Oracle VM VirtualBox
Can I use Xcode? however, I still wonder how to translate Xcode into visual studio version for TA to comment on my work.. ah.. I thought it quite difficult for me..
Or can I use VS for Mac?? I figure that there is a version for Mac..is it suitable for this online course?
(Maybe I can just download an virtual machine..)

Pavlos Sakoglou

C++ Student
Can I use Xcode? however, I still wonder how to translate Xcode into visual studio version for TA to comment on my work.. ah.. I thought it quite difficult for me..
Maybe I can just download an virtual machine..
I think technically you can still submit only header and source files, but only if your TA @APalley permits it. However, the course is built on VS and most of the forum threads discuss issues there, plus you need Windows OS for level 9 as you will deal with Microsoft Excel.
I would go with a virtual machine.

APalley

I think technically you can still submit only header and source files, but only if your TA @APalley permits it. However, the course is built on VS and most of the forum threads discuss issues there, plus you need Windows OS for level 9 as you will deal with Microsoft Excel.
I concur

Jack Song

C++ Student
Thank you !

BruceLevy

I am using VS, it only gives me the option to create a new .cpp project, but for 1.7 hw for example it says to use c syntax with no cin/cout etc.

Should I create a .cpp, then save as .c?

Also where can I find the format for which HW should be in?

GONG CHEN

C++ Student
I am using VS, it only gives me the option to create a new .cpp project, but for 1.7 hw for example it says to use c syntax with no cin/cout etc.

Should I create a .cpp, then save as .c?

Also where can I find the format for which HW should be in?
Only C syntax in level 1 and 2, I.e no cin, cout. Should use printf, scanf...

You can use .cpp or .c, just make sure you have C syntax only.

For Hw format, is this what you are looking for
GENERAL - Instruction on Homework Submission

Wendpayimdi

Hello,
Just completed FRM exam I and I plan to take exam II in May. I also wanted to Complete C++ Certificate by the End May.
My background, MS Stats from Baruch. I have basic knowledge Base SAS, SAS Macro. good knowledge SQL.
For those who have already completed the C++ certificate program, is doable doable? Combining FRM exam II the C++ cert.
I have a full time job 65hours a week