• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Total Cost for an MFE for an Indian Student.Any Indians

Hi,

I am Anupam, a prospective MFE student from India.Currently i am working in HSBC Foreign Exchange Options as a software engineer.Can the Indian students or anyone please help me and let me know the total cost of the MFE program.Also what are the chances of getting assistantships or jobs.

Thanks And Regards
Anupam

anupam_tyagi said:
Can the Indian students or anyone please help me and let me know the total cost of the MFE program.Also what are the chances of getting assistantships or jobs.
From the program website http://math.baruch.cuny.edu/masters.html
The tuition is approximately $750 per course for in-state students and $1,500 for out-of-state students (including international students), for a total of $9,800, and $18,000, respectively, for the entire program.

This is tuition only. Add books, rent, food,etc to your total cost. 50K for the whole MFE experience sounds like a good guestimate to me. Hopefully some Indian students in our program can justify the numbers I gave.

Even so $50K is still much cheaper than any comparable MFE program. In fact, I'm not aware of any MFE program has a lower rate of tuition.

As for TA or jobs, don't count on it. Exception exists but very rare. You're supposed to prove your financial statements before I-20 is issued.

Back