• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Trading Electricity

Hi, does anybody trade electricity, and can point me to a primer and an exchange (or a derivatives exchange) where you can physically trade electricity? I can't quite find them online.

Hi, does anybody trade electricity, and can point me to a primer and an exchange (or a derivatives exchange) where you can physically trade electricity? I can't quite find them online.
Hi there! Still looking for one?
Funny enough, I'm looking for that as well. Until now, nothing have pop-up yet as a product or platform. I know people that have tried to workout something a couple of years ago, but prices where too stable and too low for creating any attractive product.
Now it's another story. Prices are getting more and more volatile in Europe due to the increasing proportion of renewable energy, and it'll just get more and more volatile. It'll be just a mater of time until a product adapted to individual traders comes out.
How did you en up looking for electricity trading?

Back