• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Transcripts

is this the right address for sending the transcripts?

Office of Graduate Studies
Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
Baruch College, Box B8-211
1 Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585

Prof. Stefanica,

The address according to the online application (as well in the Transcript Request Form) is :

Office of Graduate Studies
Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
Baruch College / CUNY
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585

This is without the "Box B8-211" as per the address mentioned earlier in this thread. Are the two addresses the same or different. Like one is for US Postal and other for Fedex,etc. I am kind of confused by the "Box", so just wanted to clarify.

thnks,

hi pardasani,

one more clarification...do we need to send two copies of transcript or only one???....

tnks,

You'd better use the one with box number, otherwise it might be delayed because postman don't know where to deliver it. I remember that one of last year applicants might this problem. The best way is to contact cathy to confirm the mailing address.

Hi Yusheng,

ok, i will try to contact the adcom.....maybe Prof.Stefanica can help when he is online...
aslo can you please confirm whether we have to mail one copy ot two copies of official transcripts?

Sorry, I forgot how many copies I submitted. Different school/program has different policy. I think the online system should have the instruction.

When in doubt, send extra copy of transcript. It would not take much more time from you end.
As for the address, the post office/mail room should know where your mail should go but why risk getting your application misplaced by some incompetent mailman. Specify everything when you can.
There are few stories from applicants last year about missing transcript, mails so you want to limit your chance of being the victim here.

Yeah, it's holiday season and the change of your mail getting lost is greater than normal.

hi andy,

ya i can send two copies of transcripts...but i just dont want one to end up in the bin :)...
so just wanted to confirm....i have mailed Cathy...but dont know whether i can expect a response from her at this moment of time...also Prof. Stefanica looks to be tied up......

thnks,

Prof. Stefanica,

thanks for the clarification...i have one more query....can i send the official transcript envelope as it is without enclosing it in a bigger envelope with a cover letter?....i am asking this because i have send a few transcripts along with my friend, who stays in the USA. will there be any problem matching it with my online appln?....i will mention my details(nameDOB) and the program info. at the back of the envelope....

thnks,

no matter which university one applies to ....
sending two transcripts should be good enough ....

Prof. Stefanica,

thanks for the clarification...i have one more query....can i send the official transcript envelope as it is without enclosing it in a bigger envelope with a cover letter?....i am asking this because i have send a few transcripts along with my friend, who stays in the USA. will there be any problem matching it with my online appln?....i will mention my details(nameDOB) and the program info. at the back of the envelope....

thnks,

yes, you can. and, to avoid confusion, one copy of the transcript is enough.

Back