• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin U Toronto Mathematical Finance 2015 Interview Experience

Interview experience pls see below.

I received the online interview invitation today, scheduled on Jan 30, which is this Friday. Email said "will be 20-30 mins, with technical and other questions".

I am a bit panic, since it is so close and dun't know how to prepare. Anyone can offer some help or share experiences ?

Also, I am international student and didn't take the so-called online assessment. Does UT changed the admission procedure this year?

Last edited:
Keep calm!

The interviewer is most likely to be admission officer who doesn't know a lot about mathematics. According to experience last year, some basic questions about stochastic processes might be asked, such as definition of martingale or brownian motion. You will be asked to rate your programming skills in C++, Matlab. Other questions are behavioral questions.

I received the online interview invitation today, scheduled on Jan 30, which is this Friday. Email said "will be 20-30 mins, with technical and other questions".

I am a bit panic, since it is so close and dun't know how to prepare. Anyone can offer some help or share experiences ?

Also, I am international student and didn't take the so-called online assessment. Does UT changed the admission procedure this year?

Good Luck Aria! Which school is this for?

Keep calm!

The interviewer is most likely to be admission officer who doesn't know a lot about mathematics. According to experience last year, some basic questions about stochastic processes might be asked, such as definition of martingale or brownian motion. You will be asked to rate your programming skills in C++, Matlab. Other questions are behavioral questions.
Thanks for sharing!!!!! I had the interview last Friday. As you said, two officers interviewed me and no technical questions asked.
Its like they just want to see if I can speak English. Just reference for those who are preparing for the interview. Mine session include:
why UT, why MMF?
Programming skills?
Reasons to be admitted, not to be admitted
Hobby in leisure time
What is happening in the world .....

Is the interview completed for MMF? anybody getting calls still?
Also do we have written assessment?

Back