• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UC Berkeley MFE Waitlist conversion

Hello. I have been put on a waitlist on UC Berkeley MFE.(I have been asked to complete few requirements). What are the conversion rates from waitlist to accepted? Is there anything that I can do to improve my chances(apart from completing the prerequisites)?

Last edited:
Hello. I have been put on a waitlist on UC Berkeley MFE.(I have been asked to complete few requirements). What are the conversion rates from waitlist to accepted? Is there anything that I can do to improve my chances(apart from completing the prerequisites)?
Can you tell if they have any specific requirements they want you to complete or are these basically general prerequisites? Also, when did you apply and interview?

Can you tell if they have any specific requirements they want you to complete or are these basically general prerequisites? Also, when did you apply and interview?
There is a long list of requirements mentioned by the adcom. Not sure if they are specific or general. I had applied at round 1 deadline. I have not had any interviews.

From what I have read and heard, you have quite good chances on your admit provided that you complete the requirements first. Don't worry there'll be an interview after it. They take the requirements into consideration very carefully and follow up on the students. I suggest you complete them religiously.

From what I have read and heard, you have quite good chances on your admit provided that you complete the requirements first. Don't worry there'll be an interview after it. They take the requirements into consideration very carefully and follow up on the students. I suggest you complete them religiously.
Wait, don't they need an interview for admission before? Then they follow up on the list, is that not correct?

Hi @anamikaSingh
What kind of requirements are there in this list? Is it like some courses from Coursera, and CFA, etc. Btw, I am probably going to apply in round 2.

Last edited:
@anamikaSingh seems like you and I got a similar list. I applied for round 1 and also didn't get an interview. I was also wondering if the checklist is general or not because, to be honest, it is quite funny that they ask me to take some of the quantitative prereqs, especially since I am graduating with a double major in applied math and physics with honors and took courses that cover beyond what they are asking for. Regarding the pre-program courses they offer - do you have to take them? Is there anyone who doesn't have to take them or was able to provide them with information to opt-out of them?

@anamikaSingh seems like you and I got a similar list. I applied for round 1 and also didn't get an interview. I was also wondering if the checklist is general or not because, to be honest, it is quite funny that they ask me to take some of the quantitative prereqs, especially since I am graduating with a double major in applied math and physics with honors and took courses that cover beyond what they are asking for. Regarding the pre-program courses they offer - do you have to take them? Is there anyone who doesn't have to take them or was able to provide them with information to opt-out of them?
I had a chat with a Haas Alumnus, who told me that no one in his class had opted out of the pre-program courses to the best of his knowledge.

Last edited:
Hello, do we have an idea on how much of a chance someone has based on these waitlist? Even I have received one.

Is there someone who reapplied to this program? Do reapplicants have a good second chance?

Has anyone applied in Round 2 heard anything? When do they start with R2 interviews?

Back