UCB MFE UCB '21 Interview Invites

Omegaitsme

Hi could you please provide a high level overview on what sort of questions you were asked during the interview? I understand it’s a technical interview, wanted to understand what topics would be covered during the interview?

marco di bartolo

C++ Student
Hi, I got invited as well, my interview is in 2 days and it would be really helpful to have some advice from you

I would say it's a standard MFE interview. Finance, stats, probability, lin alg, differential equations, calc, brainteasers, programming, black-scholes
Just brush up on all the basics, no one expects you to be able to do anything too in depth over skype

marco di bartolo

C++ Student
Ok, the fact is that I'm from economics and management and from my transcript they know I have not done econometrics, differential equations or extensive linear algebra... I'm taking courses but I have not taken the exams yet... So I really do not know what to expect

Ok, the fact is that I'm from economics and management and from my transcript they know I have not done econometrics, differential equations or extensive linear algebra... I'm taking courses but I have not taken the exams yet... So I really do not know what to expect
I would imagine they will take this into mind and only ask you questions on things you say you know. Given there is still more than a year until the program starts it would provide you plenty of time to fill any gaps