• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB '21 Interview Invites

Hi could you please provide a high level overview on what sort of questions you were asked during the interview? I understand it’s a technical interview, wanted to understand what topics would be covered during the interview?

I would say it's a standard MFE interview. Finance, stats, probability, lin alg, differential equations, calc, brainteasers, programming, black-scholes
Just brush up on all the basics, no one expects you to be able to do anything too in depth over skype

Ok, the fact is that I'm from economics and management and from my transcript they know I have not done econometrics, differential equations or extensive linear algebra... I'm taking courses but I have not taken the exams yet... So I really do not know what to expect

Ok, the fact is that I'm from economics and management and from my transcript they know I have not done econometrics, differential equations or extensive linear algebra... I'm taking courses but I have not taken the exams yet... So I really do not know what to expect
I would imagine they will take this into mind and only ask you questions on things you say you know. Given there is still more than a year until the program starts it would provide you plenty of time to fill any gaps

I didn’t, the others I spoke to didn’t as well!
Did anybody hear back from them post the interviews in the second week of Feb?
I have not received any emails from them since the interview. It looks like two people have received acceptances in the tracker however, so maybe they asked for an early decision and it was granted?

Even i Haven't received anything from them yet. I guess the dealine is 6th March, so we should hear from them in next 48 Hours. Hold tight !!

I have not received any emails from them since the interview. It looks like two people have received acceptances in the tracker however, so maybe they asked for an early decision and it was granted?

One of the two people you are talking about applied in October 2019. It seems only one person has got acceptance till now based on information posted on tracker.

The application portal has been updated for me and now shows a preparation checklist specific to me (however still have not received an email or if I'm actually in)

Hello, I have also received a prepration checklist in my portal. However it is now where mentioned in the portal that sucessful completion of this material will grant me admission. I think they are in process of updating portal and giving out result.

Hello, I have also received a prepration checklist in my portal. However it is now where mentioned in the portal that sucessful completion of this material will grant me admission. I think they are in process of updating portal and giving out result.
Did you apply before the round 1 deadline? I also got interviewed but that was only a few weeks ago.

I appiled before round 1 deadline. I had my interview at the start of this month. So I belive yours would be definetely prior to me.
That's interesting. I applied for round 2, but it seems I got interviewed earlier than you. Fingers crossed for good news. Good luck!

Back