• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE 2015 Intake Round 3 Application

Hey guys, any updates on round 3 decisions? I was interviewed a month back and had also requested for an early decision. Have not heard back from them yet, hence guessing that it might not be a favourable reply for me.

hello

I am in the same situation as you, I was interviewed 4 weeks ago. I did not ask for early decision.
When did you ask for it?

hello

I am in the same situation as you, I was interviewed 4 weeks ago. I did not ask for early decision.
When did you ask for it?

I had requested for an early decision a week after my interview. From this forum, I can see that admitted students usually get a decision about 3 weeks after the interview.

on the tracker, I see a 40-60 days after submission window for admission or rejection. But I guess if you ask for early decision, it is different

how does one receive a decision - admit or reject? Is the decision posted on your account through a status change? I understand that admits are usually given out by way of an interview with Linda.

they don't always receive the phone call.
From what I have understood, your application status is updated on admit/reject/hold or waitlist on the application website, and you receive a notification email.

Hey pierrealex, congratulations on your admission..just saw it on the tracker..

Did you have the other 2 interviews on the same day / one after the other? With the admissions staff and with Linda? Any admit conditions?

Hi, thx
I had the first interview in June, it was a technical one with an alumnus. Second one was with a staff member a couple weeks after and third one with Linda, almost a month after the second one.
The admit conditions are classical: preprogram courses, books to read and do some programming on my own

Hi, All
I am asked to successfully complete a course in Econometrics as one of the admit conditions. May I know if anyone else is in similar situation? I currently work full-time and not sure how to fullfil this criteria? Any idea? Thx.

Hi
You should look if a course exists on coursera for example, or on other online learning platforms.
You could also ask directly Berkeley if they don't know any. It is probably not the first time this condition has been given.

Hi, pierrealex
Thx for your reply. They said Coursera courses are not accepted. I am still waiting for response from them...

Back