• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE 2024 Spring

Hi, everyone! I applied for the UC Berkeley MFE program 2024 Spring. It's the first round.
Has anyone receive an update yet?

Last edited:
So may I ask what kind of items are on your checklist? Mine contains three courses, GRE, Pre-program courses and some books. Since the courses required on Coursera are undergrad-level courses. seems not hart to finish. Just worried about the convention rate.

So may I ask what kind of items are on your checklist? Mine contains three courses, GRE, Pre-program courses and some books. Since the courses required on Coursera are undergrad-level courses. seems not hart to finish. Just worried about the convention rate.
I have sent you my checklist through the convesation. You can check that.

I am curious for anyone waitlisted who is deficient in partial diff eq, numerical analysis, ML, and C++ courses could share which online courses they consider legit to satisfy these reqs if they mention it in the checklist.

@quantmage @Phil Xu @Shannnnn This might be a dumb question, what is the difference between a waitlist and a conditional acceptance with a checklist? As a first guess, I think the waitlist means that the person has a chance of being accepted. A conditional acceptance with a checklist also has chances of not being accepted. Could someone please explain the difference between the two?

Conditional acceptance means that you will get in, absolutely, if you complete the tasks on the checklist.

If you are waitlisted, you might get in if a spot opens up AND they decide to let you in. There is nothing you can do to GARANTEE acceptance.

The difference is that with C.A. the ball is in your court. If you complete the tasks, congratulations! You have a seat at the table.
With waitlisting, you are still at their mercy.

Edit: forgot to 'reply' to the question so I'll just tag you. @mrityunjaisingh

What were the interview questions like?
Questions about maths, statistics, programming, machine learning, finance, market news and etc. Some questions will be related to your CV experiences. The interviewer, who is a MFE alumnus, will be selected to match your background. So if you are not a computer science student, chances are that they will not let you answer programming questions. This book, A Practical Guide to Quant Interview, also called the green book, will be highly useful for this interview.

Back