• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE First Round Admission

How many people get offer?

• Admitted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rejected

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On Hold

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Unknow

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Hi all,

I'm an applicant considering to apply for the second round. For those of you who get admitted in the first round, do you mind to share what kind of pre-request courses have you finished? I will really appreciate your feedback about your background!

I have seen you make this question a couple times now... While it is certainly important to have a good GRE and coursework, I have the certainty that the best schools do look at your application hollistically... so it is more about creating an interesting profile other than a good numbers profile. As a sort of benchmark you can take this:

everything they listed: macroeconomics, stats, calc, linalg, pde, machine learning, programming and algorithms, 3.9/4 and 335

Thank you for your responses. For the prerequisites, I consider them to be something essential to the application.

Back