• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE first round interviews

Hello, has anyone received interview invitation?

1 month has passed since the deadline, so I am wondering if it is okay that I haven't heard anything from them...

Would highly appreciate if there are any advices on how to prepare for possible interview.

Thanks in advance!

Gabri

This is very weird. Last year a lot of people had interviews. Not sure what’s happening.

Hey,
I am hoping to complete my application by Round 2 deadline (13th March). Can somebody please help with the video essay question? What can I expect? Will the question change if I discard the first attempt?

According to their website, decision date for round 1 is March 8, which is 11 days from now. I think they only have the next one week left for interview.
Interesting... correct me if I'm wrong, but they also tend to have two rounds of interviews as well, right? I suppose they did have the video recording as part of the application this year, though.

Interesting... correct me if I'm wrong, but they also tend to have two rounds of interviews as well, right? I suppose they did have the video recording as part of the application this year, though.
According to the tracker, there was only one round of interview last year. But it is still weird.

I received the interview invite today, which will take place on this Friday (March 1) lol

I also got the interview request for Friday 3/1. They chose the interview time and they told me that they hope to complete all interviews by tomorrow to post decisions by next week.

How was your interview? I just got an invite for tomorrow.
I thought it went well, questions were very straightforward with probability (combinatorics mostly) some programming and some calculus. No need to really review extensively although you may want to brush up if you've haven't used these concepts recently. Good luck to everyone!

Hey I just got an interview this morning and the interviewer is Mr. Becker. I am wondering if anyone share the same interviewer with me.

I have an interview tomorrow. Does anyone know what are the intentions of these selective interviews?

Back