• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Interview invite

Hey guys.

So I just received an interview invite from UCB, in 2 days. I wanted to inquire, just broadly, what basic topics they will be covering.

I ask this since at the time I began my application, I was fresh out of college, so did not need to worry, but now I feel I might be lacking somewhat in terms of answering technical questions, as well as programming skills. It doesn't help that I don't use any of these in my current job (prop trading firm, wonder if the interviewer sees this as a positive or a negative).

If there are any last minute resources anyone can share, it will be a great help.

Thanks.

Did my interview yesterday with a current student. All questions are technical and directly related to the courses and internship/research on my resume.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Don’t give me specifics, but what were the fields u were tested on? Purely statistics or programming also? Asking since I have a day to revise it all.

For reference, if you are aware of it, would cfa level 2 quant section be a set from which you were asked questions? Or are we expected to go beyond that?

I understand that this is all subjective, and can be a bit much to answer, but your help is greatly appreciated ^^

Did any of you who got admitted in the first round got a mail from Linda / Berkeley as such about paying the deposit?

Hi how did your interview go? I'm also a Round 1 student, got an invitation today, my interview will be on 3/24. Really worried about it... good luck!

Interviewer was nice and friendly, so u don’t feel like ure being pushed, so it was good in that sense.

It was mainly to get to know u better, so questions based on ure resume and some technicals.

Just revise basics and be clear in concepts you should be good.

Did any of you who got admitted in the first round got a mail from Linda / Berkeley as such about paying the deposit?
Did you get any email from them yet? I was accepted in early March but haven't heard back since then.

Back