• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Round 1 Applications Spring 2019

Has anyone received the interview invite for Round 1 applications for Spring 2019?

Hi Guys,
Any of you has an idea what kind of questions are asked in UCB interviews? I have not received an interview yet, but just checking to know beforehand

As per their website the interview has absolutely no bearing on the results outcome. They do tend to ask technical questions, but that should be to only judge your knowledge and suggest you pre joining courses.

Nothing on my end yet. Although looking at last year's threads it seems that invites ought to be sent out soon.

If anyone is interested in doing a mock skype interview shoot me a message or post on my profile and I'll get in touch.

I received an invite for Monday. It's with an Alumni.

The day before I got the invite the admissions team asked me to send additional documents I didn't provide in my application (course certificates). So I could imagine that since they already had my file open for administrative purposes they went ahead and scheduled the interview. I don't believe all interview invites have been sent out yet (last year most round 1 trackers got an interview).

I received an invite for Monday. It's with an Alumni.

The day before I got the invite the admissions team asked me to send additional documents I didn't provide in my application (course certificates). So I could imagine that since they already had my file open for administrative purposes they went ahead and scheduled the interview. I don't believe all interview invites have been sent out yet (last year most round 1 trackers got an interview).

hey, how was your interview? What was it primarily about?

how do they send out invites? calls or emails?

It should be email, although I've seen one person in past threads who claims he/she was cold called by Linda for the second interview.

hey, how was your interview? What was it primarily about?

It went OK I think, thanks for asking. Basically it was a half hour long technical interview covering basic probability, finance, regression, time series analysis and programming. It was very relaxed in the sense that the interviewer made sure I would only answer the questions and topics I felt comfortable answering. Concerning the programming part, the interviewer first asked me about my proficiency in all my languages and then proceeded to focus on my strongest one (python).

Last edited:
Apparently candidates that are waitlist with guarantee for 2019 are being interviewed at the moment.

Back