• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Round 4 for 2018-2019

Anyone applied for UCB MFE during Round 4? The application processing timeline for R4 tends to be so weird, let's share our progress here.

Yea applied for R4, had an interview on the 29th October but results yet to be out.

Applied for R4, and had an interview on 5th, Nov. Still under review.

Applied for R4, and had an interview on 28th, Oct. Still under review.

Hi, was it an alumni interview? What questions did they ask you?

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone heard back from the first interview now? Any updates? I had my first interview recently haven't heard anything yet

No updates yet. I was wondering if they have taken any hold or wait listed students off their respective status. If that is the case, maybe they are reconsidering their applications. Hopefully, all the seats haven't been filled yet.

No updates yet. I was wondering if they have taken any hold or wait listed students off their respective status. If that is the case, maybe they are reconsidering their applications. Hopefully, all the seats haven't been filled yet.
Hi Rohit, I`m not sure what do you mean by "taken off their respective status". Are you saying that the status would be changed to hold or rejected if one is considered not interested?

Hi Rohit, I`m not sure what do you mean by "taken off their respective status". Are you saying that the status would be changed to hold or rejected if one is considered not interested?
Hey, so i mean there are 3 possibilities now - students who were previously kept on hold status, its possible their application may have been reopened, second is R4 students are being accepted and third possibility is that all seats have been filled and there is no room for more admits. Probability of the 3rd is low since these are rolling admissions. If we know somehow that the 1st option is happening, then are chances reduce somehow. Hence i was asking if anyone's status has changed from waitlist or hold.

Thank u for the explanation. I think r4 applicants may have higher priority than previous applicants who got a hold. The results might be posted after Thanksgiving.
Lets hope this is the case indeed. All the best to you for next week.

The website mentions 1st December to be the date for R4 results. Considering that they haven't called for the second interview till this late, should I expect a rejection?

The website mentions 1st December to be the date for R4 results. Considering that they haven't called for the second interview till this late, should I expect a rejection?
I don't know anyone from round 4 has received anything after the first interview so hopefully they are just still evaluating profiles. The second interview (with Linda) is mostly just an admission call in most cases anyway, so personally I don't think that means reject. Just wait a bit longer I guess.

I don't know anyone from round 4 has received anything after the first interview so hopefully they are just still evaluating profiles. The second interview (with Linda) is mostly just an admission call in most cases anyway, so personally I don't think that means reject. Just wait a bit longer I guess.
One of the anonymous poster on tracker got admit in round 4 so I was worried.

Back