• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Round 4 for 2018-2019

oh okay! waitlist with a guarantee for next year admits is new :P I just wish they give the decision now. Has been so long.
Haha it really has. But at least we’ll know by the end of this week. Good luck everyone! And please update if you hear something :)

In R3, most people were informed of their admits atleast 2 weeks in advance of the deadline

I don’t believe they will post decisions on 12.1 even it’s a rejection lol
It should come on the website i believe even if they don't mail us the decisions. It wouldn't be appropriate for them to not inform us at all, right?

It should come on the website i believe even if they don't mail us the decisions. It wouldn't be appropriate for them to not inform us at all, right?
Yes, but the whole process for round 4 this year is weird enough. Like 2 weeks after the round 4 ddl, they send me an email saying that the application can still be sent before 11.5, kind of an ad. I just thought there must be some room for the last round. But no one has received any feedback after interview, which makes me wonder if applicants for round 4 are actually not considered and the interviews were just a kind gesture.

Yes, but the whole process for round 4 this year is weird enough. Like 2 weeks after the round 4 ddl, they send me an email saying that the application can still be sent before 11.5, kind of an ad. I just thought there must be some room for the last round. But no one has received any feedback after interview, which makes me wonder if applicants for round 4 are actually not considered and the interviews were just a kind gesture.
I too suspect that they just interviewed to merely skim through the apps.

Yes they were inviting late applications as well. Infact on the website, I've read that only those documents received post 1st December wont be considered at all, so they obviously have a lot on their plate for sure. I thought my interview went fairly well :/

Yes they were inviting late applications as well. Infact on the website, I've read that only those documents received post 1st December wont be considered at all, so they obviously have a lot on their plate for sure. I thought my interview went fairly well :/
I think that majority of the round4 candidates are either gonna get a reject or be put on waitlist which I feel will invite more waiting time. Also, I read on one quantnet thread that waitlisted candidates have a fierce competition for very few spots.

I think that majority of the round4 candidates are either gonna get a reject or be put on waitlist which I feel will invite more waiting time. Also, I read on one quantnet thread that waitlisted candidates have a fierce competition for very few spots.
Yea there are very limited candidates waitlisted. I dont think its more than 5 or 6. Waitlist would be as good as hoping that some admit changes his/her mind about admission or isn't able to generate funds for admission etc. Its a long shot (as good as a reject).

Back