• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Round 4 Spring 2019

Hey,

I have just received an interview invite for round 4. But the email begins with "We would like to speak to you regarding your interest in the MFE program" and then proceeding with the rest of the details like the time and interviewer. I am just wondering if this is the template they send their interview invites in. If anyone has gotten an invite for Round 4, please do comment here. Apologies if this is a stupid question.

I think they use a template for such emails as mine was also similar. btw did you apply for earlier rounds?

Last edited:
Got a similar email. Any idea what percentage of applicants get interview invites?

No idea. I interviewed with UCB around 10 days ago. I think it went well but haven't heard back. When did you guys interview and how was it ?. Please post in the thread if anyone gets through in this round.

I am a round 4 applicant. Haven't applied for the earlier rounds and haven't had my interview yet. @cooldude could you tell us how your interview went and maybe shed light on what was asked specifically with respect to the technical questions. Thanks

I am a round 4 applicant. Haven't applied for the earlier rounds and haven't had my interview yet. @cooldude could you tell us how your interview went and maybe shed light on what was asked specifically with respect to the technical questions. Thanks
I was interviewed by alumnus. He asked questions on resume, basic linear algebra, time series, finance, probability and statistics. I think I answered most of the questions correctly. Now hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. If you don't mind my asking, do you have relevant full-time work experience?
All the best!

The website mentions that the interview determines one's prerequisite readiness and what pre-program courses one has to do. Apparently, it does not affect the admission decision. Is this, in reality, actually true? I am just curious.

I think interviews are more important in round 4 than in any other round since there is less time left for preparation for the course. They might be expecting round 4 applicants to be well versed in all prerequisites, so interviews are the opportunities for applicants to showcase their preparation. Though I'm not sure, just guessing.

Anyone heard back after Round 4 interviews?? I was interviewed on the 13th of October and still waiting to hear back from them.

Hi there! I just got my interview invitation yesterday and it is scheduled next week. So I think it will take some time for the results to come. Rest assured and wish us all the best!

has anybody's application status changed? mine still shows submitted even after interview.

Back