• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE Round 4 Spring 2019

I see my status changed. Got an offer!!
@Aniruddha Dutta Hello, did you get an offer email or did you see an admission recommendation letter which asks you to accept or decline the offer on the application page? I saw the latter one, and when I called in the staff told me that, after I accept, the official admission letter will be sent out later this week or early next week, due to Thanksgiving.

By the way, I also have a conditions checklist that requires I take several courses, do you guys get that too?

Thanks!

Last edited:
@Takei congrats man!! when did you get your result?
@cooldude Last Friday I logged in to the application page and found that the box saying "Your application is submitted, you will be considered for Round 5 (I actually submitted my application after the DDL for Round 4 but this year they have extended the final DDL to Nov 9, don't know why)" disappeared, and I have a condition checklist saying that the committee requires me to take several prerequisite courses. I thought I was put to hold, but this morning I found an update to my application which turned out to be an admission recommendation letter, and I accepted it. I called in and was told that the official admission letter should be sent within several days.

Last edited:
@Takei congrats ! Would you mind telling a bit about your background? It may be helpful for us to guess the possibility of admission. Really appreciate it.

@luffyboy I have just obtained a Ph.D. in physics from a second tier US public school, research is focused on data analysis and modeling, passed CFA Level III exam, no related work experience.

@luffyboy I have just obtained a Ph.D. in physics from a second tier US public school, research is focused on data analysis and modeling, passed CFA Level III exam, no related work experience.
A really strong background (y). Thank you so much! Wish you success in later career. Thanks again !

I got an email asking me to check my status change on the website. That moment I knew it won't be good news; otherwise, they should start with "Congratulations!" lol
Thank you for sharing! Guess we should focus on other applications from now on.. Good luck on your grad application!!

I got an email asking me to check my status change on the website. That moment I knew it won't be good news; otherwise, they should start with "Congratulations!" lol
I guess it's not true? I also got an email asking me to check my status, and when I logged in to the application page, I got a letter saying that I will be recommended to the Graduate Office for admission and asking me to accept or decline the offer. It's not the official admission letter though.

I guess it's not true? I also got an email asking me to check my status, and when I logged in to the application page, I got a letter saying that I will be recommended to the Graduate Office for admission and asking me to accept or decline the offer. It's not the official admission letter though.
I see. A feel of mystery haha. Congrats again!!!

Back