• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB on hold without guarantee

I guess that means waitlist. You can call them to ask for detail. If you don't mind, can you share your background? Thanks a lot!

I guess that means waitlist. You can call them to ask for detail. If you don't mind, can you share your background? Thanks a lot!
No problem. 3.85/4, applied math major, econ major, US undergrad, 331 GRE

Hey I am in a similar position, application status is held pending interview.

I will be contacting the uni directly, but any idea what this means?

Thanks for your help

I haven't received emails from Berkeley yet and I interviewed two days ago... And there are no updates on my status portal... I am a bit worried now lol

hey guys, just a quick question. Do all of you have experience in C++? Thanks for your reply.

Theres only one thing in the conditions box, that says awaiting interview. I am not even sure if I am supposed to initiate this or the uni.

The application decision still says its held, but there are no other conditions of any sort for now.

Its really hard to grasp what they are saying...will definitely have to clarify this with the university personally

Same with @Akarsh here. It is kind of weird as I just completed an interview on Wed. Then I recieved the status update on Fri says “held pending completion an interview”. The admission committee did not reply to my email yet.

I guess it's possible that they haven't finished the reviewing process but had to release the round1 results by Friday, so they gave holds to some guys though these guys did receive the interviews.

I guess it's possible that they haven't finished the reviewing process but had to release the round1 results by Friday, so they gave holds to some guys though these guys did receive the interviews.
But for me, I guess it's just an implicit rejection, in a somehow tactful way.

Is there anybody here who's been accepted already? I was asked to sign to remain under consideration status and that's what I did. I wasn't able to find out such conditions list. I'll appreciate if somebody help me out.

Is there anybody here who's been accepted already? I was asked to sign to remain under consideration status and that's what I did. I wasn't able to find out such conditions list. I'll appreciate if somebody help me out.
Even I got the same.

I’ve noticed somebody here got an offer from UCB. Such a shame.

Back