• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UCB/UCLA/Columbia/Cornell

Which amongst the following is a better choice?

• UCB MFE

• UCLA MFE

• Columbia MFE

• Cornell MFE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey folks! Need your opinion on which amongst the following courses are better in terms of:
1) Placements (Investment Strategy/ Hedge Funds)
2) Industry Preparedness
3) Salary post graduation
4) Intellectual Growth/ Learning Curve
5) ROI

Hey folks! Need your opinion on which amongst the following courses are better in terms of:
1) Placements (Investment Strategy/ Hedge Funds)
2) Industry Preparedness
3) Salary post graduation
4) Intellectual Growth/ Learning Curve
5) ROI
Maybe you could have 5 surveys- one for each?

Please remove ucla among the options it doesnot compare with the rest of them.
it is compared with programs like nyu tandon rutgers etc.

some colleges like ucla and uiuc etc have amazing brandname but they dont even care about the program so they have terrible rankings
you would be better off choosing a college with no brand name and great curriculum

I would rate UCB very highly, it saves you time and has a strong track record of placements. Plus the Bay Area is close by Incase you want to dabble in date science.

I would rate UCB very highly, it saves you time and has a strong track record of placements. Plus the Bay Area is close by Incase you want to dabble in date science.
just to note the “timing saving” is slightly offset by the fact that the program doesn’t start until March 2021

I got admitted into Columbia and Cornell, withdrew my applications to UCLA and UCB (after receiving my result from Columbia).

I personally think Columbia has location and brand advantages over Cornell and UCLA, and I decided not to proceed with my application to UCB since I prefer to start in Fall this year rather than next Spring.

Back