• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UChicago Financial Mathematics VS MIT Master in Finance

Please, choose one

• Total voters
Your saying banks as if they are such bad things. Buy side isn’t everything, some people wish to stay on the sell side. Goldman Sachs qis is an example of a very prestigious banking position. Just make the best of your opportunity and you’ll end up where you want, simple.
Banks bad? Of course not mate! If I misled you in such a way then my apologies. I'm spending hours talking about buy-side positions because the thread holder wants a hedge fund job. Hedge funds, not banks. As for general quant jobs, I have no preference personally.

First of all, the salary has huge bias towards trading jobs. The bonus can be acually higher than the base for a good year. I would say the salary might not be a very trustable figure to consider across all programs. The big banks have higher base, but limited bonus. However, trading firms have lower base, but unlimited bonus as up side. No one asked any corporate finance questions during a quant interview. MIT program is not as quantitative as UChicago FinMath program. So if you want to do corporate finance/ investment banking, MIT program might be a better choice.

I’m gonna do a mit and uchicago comparison tomorrow so look out for that since many people have been asking me for that.
Excuse me, but... did you do such comparisson you mentioned before? If you did, I'd pretty much like to see it.

Back