• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE UCLA MFE 2012

Hi

I am starting a thread for all the 2012 applicants, anyone else applied in round 1?

thx

Me too. But I heart some Chinese applicants have received the interview

I received interview from UCLA couple days ago, but they didn't tell me how long the application process will take

I am expecting a rejection if i don't hear anything for another 2 weeks. I wonder if my gmat is too low...only 49 in Q

very general questions. Just a get to know you interview. Be ready to walk through your resume

Do you guys mind sharing your profile? I want to see if I have a chance with UCLA.

I had been interviewd 2 weeks back n havent heard anything yet....asked them about it...reply was to wait. does this mean am in line for rejection?

They offered me admission on the phone right after the interview. Who did you interview with?

Hi, I'm applying the final round. Only have 3 weeks left to sort my application. Probably not such a good idea to leave it to the 11th hour, but don't feel like waiting until next year. Good luck everyone!

MFE_recruiting_2010.png

UCLA MFE places a striking 87% of its most recent graduates in LA/SF area. This reminds me about a discussion we had recently about how location plays an important role in where MFE graduates end up after school.

MFE_recruiting_2010.png

UCLA MFE places a striking 87% of its most recent graduates in LA/SF area. This reminds me about a discussion we had recently about how location plays an important role in where MFE graduates end up after school.

Andy Nguyen :: this is something us Los Angeleans are used to, east coast companies would rather take NYU, Baruch, Columbia, or CMU grads over someone from the West coast ("unknown territory where the sun rots your brain")...honestly though, there are plenty of opportunities on the west coast. We're fighting mostly each other for those west coast jobs.

Back