• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE UCLA MFE 2012

AMANE :: I would take it again, you know you could do better than that...do you really want to even try with this type of score? it's a waste of everyone's time

Andy Nguyen :: this is something us Los Angeleans are used to, east coast companies would rather take NYU, Baruch, Columbia, or CMU grads over someone from the West coast ("unknown territory where the sun rots your brain")...honestly though, there are plenty of opportunities on the west coast. We're fighting mostly each other for those west coast jobs.
wow thats great to hear! as I am goin to study der :D

This may be a naive question, but how would you compare the jobs on west coast VS NYC..in terms of what they are doing.
A lot of people seem to think there is a lag between NYC and the rest of the world.

hi lin, can u please tell me when was ur interview and when did u get the final admission offer.

Lin :: not a "naive question" just a hard question to answer! I would say that if you are to look at big banks with big presences on the West coast, they are generally West coast companies, eg, Wells Fargo, PIMCO, Blackrock, Wedbush, etc.

You DO find east coast companies on the west coast, but they are most surely 'satellite offices'...the east coast has time on its side. The west coast is at the end of the day...this always puts the west coast at a disadvantage.

Remember though, when someone says "LA" they could be referencing anything from Santa Barbara to San Diego, that's a huuuuge market and there's a lot of money to be made in Cali...that is, if Los Angeles doesn't default first ;)

hi amane,can the admit result be realeased before sep 30?i applied in round 3 and waiting for result?what abt u

Anyone heard from UCLA for Round 3 admits ? I am still waiting , was informed that would hear in early September..

@ arjunk - Have you applied or started to apply for fall at other universities ?

u know anybody else who has applied in round 3?whether they have got a an admit or reject?

Nope, not applied as yet ... Waiting for this decision .... And i dont knw anyone else ... I am totally banking on replies on Quantnet .. Thats it ... BTW , whats ur profile...

Back