• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCLA MFE UCLA MFE interviews

I received an invite a couple of weeks ago... actually today I received an admission recommendation to be admitted to UCLA MFE. It is not the official admission offer yet, I will receive that one after they go through a due dilligence process, which is why I haven't updated the tracker yet.

I am unsure if they're still in the process of sending out interviews. Their decision deadline for this round is March 10 so to me I would guess that after the end of this week it would be a little late to be sending out interview invites although anything is possible.

Congrats for your selection. What were the interview questions Jose? I just got an interview invite.

Congrats for your selection. What were the interview questions Jose? I just got an interview invite.

I believe that divulging the questions that I got would be inappropriate. What I can tell you is that as they briefly and ambigiously specify they will ask you a set of questions to get a feel for who you are as a person (behavioral) and a couple of questions to test your quantitative skills.

Without going into detail it would be safe to say that you should be prepared to answer questions about your career, your experience, your aspirations and your interest in UCLA in the program. It would also be safe to say that you could get asked a couple of very basic quantitative questions. Without telling you what they were you can expect it to cover various fields like Statistics, Programming, Calculus, Algebra. I found that the level of depth of the questions was not very deep and it is more a test to see how you can convey and organize your thoughts about mathematics and communicate them in a simple way.

There is a time limit to prepare after listening to each question, there is a time limit to answer each questions and you cannot re-record unlike the Columbia interview.

Congrats Jose! I just got the recommendation for admission yesterday aswell. I'm confused because you said you were interviewed, but I only did the video interview through an external website. I was under the impression that every applicant was required to complete this video interview. I never actually talked to anyone.

Edit: Now I see that it looks like you went through the same process as me.

Hi Matt! I just got the same video interview invitation as yours. Would you mind if you could give me some hints on the interview questions?

Thank you very much!

Hi Matt! I just got the same video interview invitation as yours. Would you mind if you could give me some hints on the interview questions?

Thank you very much!

Hey zicheng congrats! Jose made a good post above which covers pretty much everything you need to know. I cant really think of anything to add to his post. Good luck!

Hi everyone got an email from UCLA that the going forward decision will be emailed on rolling basis.. And it is being actively reviewed. Also do all the applicants get an video interview invitation. Can someone please help me with the above query.. Thanks

Hi, do you mind to share your background about GRE/GMAT and GPA? Thank you!

Back