• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UCLA MFE, NYU Courant, or Cornell MFE

UCLA MFE, NYU Courant, or Cornell MFE

• UCLA Anderson Master of Financial Engineering

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • NYU Courant MS in Mathematics in Finance

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Cornell Master of Engineering, Financial Engineering Concentration

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • View Result

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
So I was admitted to all three above, and I'm doing interview at another one I'd definitely rank above all three. The issue is, NYU tell me to response before March 10th (said 4 week upon receive offer), when I might not have heard back from other programs.

Therefore, assuming the worst scenario, I'll need to make decision from these three programs: UCLA, NYU Courant, or Cornell. I found them on par with each other and hard to discern which one is advantageous. My main concern is career service and networks.

Background about me:
International, Family applied Green Card but will take at least 1-2 years.
Top 10 Undergrad, Applied Math + Econ.
Two full-time RA experience in undergrad, upcoming 1 internship in my home nation, financial related but not quantitative.
Did quite some Statistics courses (Markov Chains, Time-Dependent Data etc.) and some math in undergrad.

I believe my main weakness is career advancement (landing on first proper internship/job). I'm inclined to NYU for its placement and reputation in math, but saw that their career advancement is not good from QuantNet program comment section. I'm not sure about the other two.

Any help and suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Cornell MFE
from reading previous COMPARE threads and by doing some cross-comparison, I feel Cornell is above the other two .

Can you throw a poll - curious to see what response you will get.
Folks here don't leave comments that often, but they appear to be more willing to vote in a poll !

Thanks for the reply. It is quite earlier than the deadline. Probably, the admissions committee is releasing the decisions on a rolling basis.
I think you are right. I submitted my application on 3 Feb and got the official offer yesterday on 23 Feb. You should email the admissions committee if you have an offer from another school with the offer attached. I did that and received my decision soon after that.

Back