• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE UCLA MFE vs NYU Tandon MFE

UCLA MFE vs NYU Tandon MFE

• Total voters

k_t

Hi,

Please comment on which program would be better in terms of placements. Can provide a pros and cons list for both. Please do provide the reasons for your choice though.

Thanks.

Hi everyone!
To those voting, it'd be great if you could give me a short reason for your vote. Just to make sure there isn't some kind of Quantnet rank bias of sorts.

I personally would recommend UCLA if I were in your shoes since I've known a few friends who graduated from there, and they all ended up in good companies. On the other hand, I think NYU has a relatively lower placement rate, and ofc the tuition and living cost in NYC is the pain in the a**.

I personally would recommend UCLA if I were in your shoes since I've known a few friends who graduated from there, and they all ended up in good companies. On the other hand, I think NYU has a relatively lower placement rate, and ofc the tuition and living cost in NYC is the pain in the a**.
Thanks. Can others who voted also send in their reasons?

UCLA is a great program. The program has a completely new administration and they have been revamping the program and you can see its working if you look at the jump in rankings the last two years. This is a growing program. They also have a full time career consultant based out of NYC who has great connections there if that is what you are looking for. If you like good weather, LA has a lot of opportunities especially in Asset Management in the LA and Orange County region. This decision I would say is more of a personal preference as to what you are looking for but the program will not disappoint you.

I voted for Tandon. As a person who constantly looked for internship on Wall St., I can tell you networking is the key and Tandon has all the all the resources you need.
You are also a student applying for Fall 2023 programmes right?

UCLA is a great program. The program has a completely new administration and they have been revamping the program and you can see its working if you look at the jump in rankings the last two years. This is a growing program. They also have a full time career consultant based out of NYC who has great connections there if that is what you are looking for. If you like good weather, LA has a lot of opportunities especially in Asset Management in the LA and Orange County region. This decision I would say is more of a personal preference as to what you are looking for but the program will not disappoint you.
How are the placements in NYC? Do many of them get placed in NYC or keep working in LA/ SF?

How are the placements in NYC? Do many of them get placed in NYC or keep working in LA/ SF?
A good chunk do get placed in NYC. I don't have exact numbers but I gather its somewhere around 30% of the class. But do keep in mind, a lot of the students choose/prefer to stay in the LA/SF region.

Back