• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UK MFE Graduate Career Plans

Hi all,

I'm a maths undergraduate in the UK undertaking my MS in Mathematical Finance from 2021-22*. I have a data science internship this summer at a consultancy firm, but no other relevant work experience.

I'm conscious that despite my lack of finance-specific knowledge, I will need to begin applying to roles in September 2021. Currently I'm considering applying to 6-12 month off-cycle internships in addition to full-time roles, although I'm not sure of their usefulness as most employers who aren't recruiting graduates directly require more than a year of experience.

Due to my lack of connections/experience with quant firms, what kind of prospects will I have applying to London firms for full-time graduate roles?

*mid-tier Russel Group undergrad with 1st, MFE programme top ≈3/4 in UK.

Back