• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Undergraduate Mechanical Engineer aiming for MQF Waterloo and MMF UofT

Hello Everyone, I thank all the people who help me out in advance for reading this post and giving me advice.

I am currently in my Junior year in Engineering, Majoring in Mechanical Engineering (Graduating 2022, applying this year Nov2021-Jan2022). However I would love to pursue a career in quantitative finance. I have some programming knowledge and aim to hone it more over the following year. I'm also considering taking up the C++ Fundamentals course offered here at QuantNet.

If it not too much trouble could you help me out by letting me know how I can prepare for the admissions and also how I can improve my profile to be accepted into the same. I have also completed 4 math courses in my undergraduate years.

1. Algebra and Calculus - 8/10
2. Laplace Transforms - 7/10
3. Partial Differential Equations - 8/10
4. Statistics - 8/10

I would also love any kind of input as to how to prepare for the technical test and also interview. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. In case you wish further information please let me know.

Back