• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

University College London ( Computational Finance) vs NYU Tandon MFE

Hi,
Does anyone have an idea which is the better course?
UCL is a top 10 university on qs ranking but I am not sure about its finance ranking.

To my mind, it is just a choice between Europe and the USA. UCL is definitely a good school in the UK, but you'll have trouble finding a job in NYC. At the opposite, NYU is great in NYC, but less in Europe.

To my mind, it is just a choice between Europe and the USA. UCL is definitely a good school in the UK, but you'll have trouble finding a job in NYC. At the opposite, NYU is great in NYC, but less in Europe.
Thank You, Ofcourse thats an obvious. What I meant was which one is a superior course. NYU is a above average school but one of the best fin eng, finance and mba degrees. I am not sure if thats same with ucl. Do you have an idea about that?

Thank You, Ofcourse thats an obvious. What I meant was which one is a superior course. NYU is a above average school but one of the best fin eng, finance and mba degrees. I am not sure if thats same with ucl. Do you have an idea about that?
Does it imply you don't have a preference between the USA and Europe ?
If so, UCL is like the 4th best school in the UK for tech I think. I think, in comparison with the place that NYU Tandon occupies, that is slightly better. Their program seems to be strong, looking at the course list.
But then again, the opportunities will be quite the same after the two programs, so the location is to me the most important factor there.

Does it imply you don't have a preference between the USA and Europe ?
If so, UCL is like the 4th best school in the UK for tech I think. I think, in comparison with the place that NYU Tandon occupies, that is slightly better. Their program seems to be strong, looking at the course list.
But then again, the opportunities will be quite the same after the two programs, so the location is to me the most important factor there.
I am an international student so both countrues ate fine for me.
If it was you what you choose?

Back