• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Unpaid Quantitative Finance Intern (financial district)

Unpaid. In case you are so desperate.

Altrion Trading is looking for a few interns over the summer. Interns will work with experienced traders to develop grey and black box statistical arbitrage strategies, as well as directional and market beta strategies.
Ideal candidates will possess either an undergraduate degree in computer science, or be fluent in C or C#, and have an excellent mathematics and statistics background. We value your educational background, but care more about your knowledge, programming capabilities, and enthusiasm than your pedigree.

Ideal candidates will possess a strong background in computer engineering. A strong background in excel, and statistics and a working knowledge of financial markets.

Unpaid Quantitative Finance Intern

LOL. What does it say about the reputation of a stat-arb firm that can't even pay interns?

from NY TIMES:
ny times unpaid internships

Convinced that many unpaid internships violate minimum wage laws, officials in Oregon, California and other states have begun investigations and fined employers. Last year, M. Patricia Smith, then New York’s labor commissioner, ordered investigations into several firms’ internships. Now, as the federal Labor Department’s top law enforcement official, she and the wage and hour division are stepping up enforcement nationwide.

Hi Andy,
I am thinking of getting a part-time internship while attending CMU (NYC) campus or/and internship during winter break. Since I am a fresh graduate, I'd like to focusing more on learning about the field and building up my resume, money is not a big deal yet.
Do you think it is possible? Any recommendations on that?
Thanks,

1) Would you be able to obtain part-time internship?
2) Would you have time to study?

Even if the answer to 1) is yes, I would not recommend it. My experience is that MFE study is something you should dedicate all your available time to while you in school. Internship is what summer for. You would realize very quickly that you don't even have enough time to study, let alone working.

hi
I would be interested in this opportunity. I am almost done with my engineering in Information Tech. , and thus having a strong background in C++. I am from India so most of the internships are neways unpaid here . Can u tell me how can i apply for this ob. Maybe gaining some quant work experience could be of some help to me in my applications .

1) Would you be able to obtain part-time internship?
2) Would you have time to study?

Even if the answer to 1) is yes, I would not recommend it. My experience is that MFE study is something you should dedicate all your available time to while you in school. Internship is what summer for. You would realize very quickly that you don't even have enough time to study, let alone working.

Andy, I am very interested in Statistical Arbitrage and this sort of work. My email is mdrakejr@stevens.edu, shoot me an email and either we can talk over phone or by email.

-Charles

Back