• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

US citizen, semi-target, applied math looking to move into s&t (fixed income) or IB

I'm actually trying to stay near home (in NYC). I had an offer for Akuna, but I feel like, if I start working at a prop shop in Chicago, then I would stay there for a while.

I'm actually trying to stay near home (in NYC). I had an offer for Akuna, but I feel like, if I start working at a prop shop in Chicago, then I would stay there for a while.

Sure, easier to find a job while having a job as they say. IF you have a seat with Akuna then maybe you can approach headhunters after a year or so. Would suggest to be a little careful with equities S&T - if you are hell bent on it then atleast focus on the major American IBs. Even the best of European banks are struggling in equities right now (DB just gave up, CS is recovering, Barclays is just getting by, UBS is restructuring)

If you're in at Akuna, might be worth considering. Exit opportunities are solid if you survive. I can't figure out why no one is trying / able to compete with all those chicago prop shops outside of chicago.

Back