• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

US schools vs NTU

A bit background about myself: I finished my integrated BTech + Mtech in Mechanical engineering from IIT Madras (#1 engineering school of India), in 2022 with 8.24/10 CGPA. It's been 8 months working as an Analytics Consultant in a US based firm in India and I'm looking for a change of career to quantitative finance by joining a masters program in 2024.

I don't have long term plans of staying in the US yet and hence thinking about working in other capital markets as well. But the US inarguably has the best schools and biggest firms in the finance sector. Another factor for conflict is the insane time+money investment and fierce competition for these programs in the US

Meanwhile, I'm also exploring the NTU MFE program (more details in this pdf). I couldn't find a recent and solid review about this program here on Quantnet or any details about the placement statistics on others forums on the internet

It would be great if someone can share review about the program, its placement statistics, and post MFE job market in Singapore.

Or should I stick my application process to the US only. Any suggestions about European schools?

A bit background about myself: I finished my integrated BTech + Mtech in Mechanical engineering from IIT Madras (#1 engineering school of India), in 2022 with 8.24/10 CGPA. It's been 8 months working as an Analytics Consultant in a US based firm in India and I'm looking for a change of career to quantitative finance by joining a masters program in 2024.

I don't have long term plans of staying in the US yet and hence thinking about working in other capital markets as well. But the US inarguably has the best schools and biggest firms in the finance sector. Another factor for conflict is the insane time+money investment and fierce competition for these programs in the US

Meanwhile, I'm also exploring the NTU MFE program (more details in this pdf). I couldn't find a recent and solid review about this program here on Quantnet or any details about the placement statistics on others forums on the internet

It would be great if someone can share review about the program, its placement statistics, and post MFE job market in Singapore.

Or should I stick my application process to the US only. Any suggestions about European schools?
@unchartered, if you plan to work in buy-side/sell-side jobs in the US/UK/EU, aim to apply to the top schools there.

Back