• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

VBA web query question

atreides

Graduate Student
I'm trying to code up an application in VB to pull information from password protected sites. Say I want to pull my balance from my account or information from my scottrade account, etc...I know you can parse tables in websites with the aid of web query, but I have hit a road block, and would appreciate any thoughts / insights.

what's your roadblock? I suppose it's frames or any info wrapped in div tags, as they are not picked up by the web query tool. You will need to extract the source, then use the MS Html parser to build the document tree, and then extract the info from there using e.g. regular expressions or substring functions. More info relating to Html parsing and VB is here, for instances:

http://www.codeguru.com/vb/vb_internet/html/article.php/c4815

Back