GENERAL Visual Studio Installation/Troubleshooting

syoh

C++ Student
started to get these build errors
1>------ Build started: Project: ghnfghngdfd, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mainCRTStartup
1>C:\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ghnfghngdfd\Debug\ghnfghngdfd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

think it happened after i manually deleted some old projects from the VS2010 folder. can't build / run anything now. any idea what to do?

Kenny L

Volatility Smile
C++ Student
Downloaded and installed. No problem up to now, just that the interface is slightly different from what Daniel shows in the lectures.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
started to get these build errors
1>------ Build started: Project: ghnfghngdfd, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _mainCRTStartup
1>C:\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ghnfghngdfd\Debug\ghnfghngdfd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

think it happened after i manually deleted some old projects from the VS2010 folder. can't build / run anything now. any idea what to do?
Please listen to my Lecture 1 again. You are mssing .cpp file in project.

Make empty! Console project.

Then add your .hpp and .cpp files.
Keep doing until you can do it in your sleep.

Marcelo

C++ Student
Hi folks! I am new to Studio. I am trying to run the first test lecture 1.1 (the sample with a hpp file). I have my Hello.hpp under <Header Files> and the source under <Source Files> But when I look at TestHello.cpp the include does not resolve and when I try to open document I get a "File Hello.hpp' not found in current source file's directory or in build system paths.?
I did change the default library to point to a library on my desktop. It looks like a I have to change the current source file path??????
Any takers? Thanks!

Vadim

Hi folks! I am new to Studio. I am trying to run the first test lecture 1.1 (the sample with a hpp file). I have my Hello.hpp under <Header Files> and the source under <Source Files> But when I look at TestHello.cpp the include does not resolve and when I try to open document I get a "File Hello.hpp' not found in current source file's directory or in build system paths.?
I did change the default library to point to a library on my desktop. It looks like a I have to change the current source file path??????
Any takers? Thanks!
Marcelo, try to create an empty project in VS (New->Project->Visual C++ -> Win32->Win32 Console App ->Enter Name -> Next ->Check Empty project) then copy *.cpp *.hpp into the project folder and add them in solution explorer (for example: Right Click on Header File in Solution Explorer -> Add -> Existed Item -> add *.hpp).
Make sure all includes set properly in the files.

Daniel Duffy

C++ author, trainer
Any takers? Thanks!
Here's a walk through!

http://www.datasim.nl/Education/Videos/MyFirstProject/

cxiao

C++ Student
Hi guys,

I am now using the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 express to do the programming. In the lecture, ctrl+f5 was used to make the window stay open after printing all the result. However, in Visual C++ 2010 express, this trick seems to be not working. The debug menu did not have "Start without debugging". I know I can use getchar() or set a breakpoint at the end of the program, but it is really annoying, do anyone know how I can fix this?

Ammar

Hey Andy,
As I will be using windows just for Visual Studio, I plan on installing fusion or parallel and installing windows xp ( so that its light) and then VS.... sounds ok?