• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE What is the possibility of me getting into Berkeley MFE?

Hi,
I am currently working in consulting industry. I have an undergrad degree from statistics, and a MA degree from biostatistics. I am thinking about applying for Berkeley MFE. However, I know my background, compared to those physics, engineering students, especially those with phd degree, is kinda weak. I am studying finance and C++ by taking online classes.

Will there be any chance that I can get in, if I apply for 2011 Cal MFE? What can I do to increase the probability?

Thanks for your help!

as an international student how what are possibility to have admission at berekeley?can i have financial aid from there upon admission .please i need advise

About pre-programs

Hi Andy,

I am a newbie considering to take MFE as well.

We mentioned the pre-program is like some online courses or certificate programs in Math/Programming/Finance?

Or they got actually a pre-program named as certificate in FE...sth like that?

Do most of the quant school ask students to take CFA L1?

25% according to the 2009 acceptance rate
UCB usually asks applicants to take CFA L1 and their pre-programs courses so do what they ask.

as an international student how what are possibility to have admission at berekeley?can i have financial aid from there upon admission .please i need advise

Same possibility as anyone else.

No financial aid. Don't be lazy and search this forum. This has been answered countless times before.

@HorryC, no, the CFA is usually not a prereq to most MFEs. Some of them can ask you to take if, if they believe your finance knowledge is not up to the level.

A wise man once told me to correctly spell names when writing to them. Making spelling mistakes gives an impression that you are not important enough for the writer. I would like to pass on that to you especially when you are hoping they would give you money to study at their place.

p.s. No offense, just a suggestion, ignore it if you don't like it.

Back